Those interested in an ATL meetup:
- I really miss having internet regularly and faster than dial-up.
- I got pretty choked up discussing the Pre-K Stepping Up Party at the end of the year. We always sing a good morning song with all three classes and then a goodbye song after all the classes have performed their own songs. The goodbye song we are using this year was what got me. I was like NOOO! I don’t want to say goodbye to _______ (insert all my students names). I’ve always loved my classes dearly, but this is the first time I’ve had that reaction.
- I adore my assistant.
- Family stress (grandma’s super sick) and the house stress combined with being pretty sick got to me on Monday. Multiple co-workers noticed at the end of the day and I couldn’t hold back the tears. Then more people came to ask what was wrong. I told them I loved them for asking, but if I kept talking about it I’d never stop crying. One friend told me that people are so drawn to me and I’m so nice and helpful that when people see me sad, they can’t help but come hug me. It made me feel good.
- Our school has a high turn-over rate for teachers. We serve the poorest kids in the district and the greatest number of non-English speaking households. This affects our testing and in return our school grade. It also gives our staff different difficulties than other schools in the district. The past two weeks I’ve made an effort to tell the teachers (especially the new ones) that I think are passionate about our kids that they are the kind of people I think our kids need, how awesome they do here, and that I hope they end up staying. I really want a strong and long-term staff to develop here.
- One of my ESE students that has a lot of outbursts has done so awesome for over 2 months that there’s no more pretending on my part about being super happy to see her. I truly am. That means a lot to me.
- Miss you all. I keep getting signals that I have a message, but then there’s nothing there. Sorry!
*names his child Oscar*
"Would you like to hold h-"
"Say it like we rehearsed it."
*sighs* "And the Oscar goes to..."
(Source: summerrrz, via amusedbookworm)
Hemsworth Sandwich. Ben Affleck enjoys a special moment with Liam and Chris.
Love something? Reblog it!
Ever see something on Tumblr and wish it was on your blog? Well, it can be. Just hit the reblog button on the post, add some stuff if you’d like, and voila! Touch it and make it yours.
Find something to reblog
Seriously? Is this necessary?
I am allergic to my house right now, and I had to spend far too much time in there with contractors yesterday. My sinus and lungs are paying for it today.
Happy Carnival from Haiti! #love #pink & #glitter
edukaition may have just made me pee my pants a little while laughing
Alright folks - link is up! Come and hang out with us on your Saturday night. It’s what all the cool people are doing.
#educachums in on a Saturday night! Woohoo!
What strange said.
I’m in here for a bit. I swear I’m done rambling!
(and you’re in the Midwest, right? It’s super cheap at Meijer… if you have one near you, it’s definitely the best bet.)
I’m actually in Florida.
all the silver will wear off my pennies
and they will look like the ones at the bottom.
this is one of the most beautiful things ive ever seen
Wait.. aren’t pennies copper not silver?
Yeah? And the copper oxidizes over time to form the patina?
Yeah my point was that the OP put that all the silver will wear off…
My printer/scanner/copier all in one was destroyed when my house flooded. Any experts around to help me pick out a printer that does that and is wireless?
I have a hard time picking because I always read the low rating comments and think AHHHH I don’t want that.
Who knows about this stuff?
VP: “Mr. President, you ready to move?”
POTUS: “Let’s do this thing. #LetsMove.”
Watch → http://go.wh.gov/P3QX3T
This is my Baywatch.