Last semester, we saw a number of student-initiated actions against colleges and universities around the country. It was due to a pretty outrageous statistic: one in five female students is sexually assaulted while in college, and sexual assault on campus is chronically underreported.Help us report this story!
"Need an article by a specific author? I have a shortcut! For example, type au:“Benjamin Franklin” in the basic search box to search for articles by him."
— Me, doling out search tips. (via jstor)
3yo (after discovering the flap in the front of his underpants): “It’s a secret passage…TO MY PENIS!”
The worst part of my day was when they forgot to put onions on my cheeseburger. You wish you had my day.
Tuesday afternoon, Ferguson protesters march in downtown St. Louis, from City Hall to the US Courthouse.
"”Black Power isn’t racist. It’s a proactive response to racism. The Black Panthers were never a Black version of the KKK."
Do your homework” - Black Knowledge (via dirtybubblez)
People not understanding this are the most annoying people in the world
Nor were they terrorist
No. They fed children and worked on education issues. When did you ever hear of the KKK doing that?
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I am not enjoying season 7 of Doctor Who at all.
"Chest hair says that I’m a manly tough guy, my beard asserts that I could cut down a tree if need be, but my back hair just says that I’m a gross middle-aged dude."
Stephen Demarais, 26micdotcom)
Ummmm let’s talk about body hair and societal expectations of women.
bonding over pain that no parent should have to feel
Emmett was 50 years ago - this goes back generations. Mike Brown was not an isolated incident. Trayvon was not an isolated incident. Jordan Davis was not an isolated incident. Our families have got to stop suffering through this.
I will reblog this everyday
School has started or will very soon so what would be better to do than to gather some great resources for a better school year?
- Evernote - keep your research at one place
- Khan Academy - over 4,200 educational videos
- Mathaway - helps you solve almost every math problem
- Cliffnotes - read and prep for school work
- Studious - great way to keep track of schedule
- iFormulas - references for mathematical formulas
- Pocket - save studies and articles much easier
- Science glossary - for those hard science words
- Studyblue - online flashcards for your next test
- Any.do - daily planner
- Dropbox - don’t rely on your computer alone, make sure your notes and papers are safely uploaded online, just in case.
- Feed.ly - gather all your fav websites for research or whatever in one place - I love this myself!
- Scribd - online library
- Self Control - we all know self control during work or school isn’t always around
- TED - lots of good presentation by interesting people
- Chegg - don’t have all the money for new text books? Chegg lets you rent many text books for much less than it costs to buy
- Duolingo - learning a new language? Then I’ll recommend this one
- Mint.com - make sure you’ve got your money straight
- Alarmy - hard to get up in the morning? Well, this alarm makes you take a picture of your sink to turn it off!
- Sworkit - don’t forget that exercise will make it easier to concentrate!
Don’t forget to look at my 27 websites for a new year - where you can find lots of other resources for health, fitness, school/work and div when starting a new year(school year too)
I’ve also got a post called 53 posts for students which contains nutrition and fitness posts especially for students!
AND THAT IS HOW YOU USE AN EFFECTS PEDAL
I was gaping the entire song this is insane
Last week, we sent the photographer Matt Eich to Ferguson, Missouri, to document the second week of protests after a police officer shot unarmed teen-ager Michael Brown. Take a look at some of the photos.
Top: Protestors hold up roses while marching and chanting, “Hands up! Don᾿t shoot!,” August 19th. Bottom: Asia Jackson and Taylor Barnes, both age twenty, August 20th. Photographs by Matt Eich.
"From 2006 to 2012, a white police officer killed a black person at least twice a week in this country." - MHP