- Consider using open source software rather than purchasing more proprietary software.
- Consider using cloud applications instead of desktop or server applications.
- Use In-district staff for technology staff development rather than looking outside your district.
- Develop policies and procedures that allow students to use their own electronic devices in schools.
- Use free or low-cost web 2.0 applications as much as possible.
- Use solutions like Dropbox to avoid having to purchase flashdrives and other data storage devices.
Read more at the 21st Century Principal
Looks like I have some things to read up on!